Thanks for following my year! This was fun, and I’m honestly kind of surprised I finished. Maybe in a couple years I’d be willing to do this again, but I’m definitely taking a break. Here are some things I’ve learned:
- A five day delay is quite long and when I have photos I’m excited about in my queue, I often end up posting it on 500px or Instagram before It comes up on Tumblr.
- I really like black and white, but not all pictures look good converted, especially since I’m not used to looking at things black & white.
- Importing my iPhone pictures into Lightroom and treating them like all my other photos really helped.
- I can never predict what will be popular on Tumblr and what won’t. Things that I expect people to like go unnoticed and sometimes filler pictures get the most attention. I don’t know how to drive traffic and give my pictures a wider audience. It also doesn’t help that this is a secondary blog and I can’t follow people with it.
- It’s hard to carry two cameras around. Once my film class started, I barely used my DSLR at all and all the photos became iPhone photos.
What’s to come:
- Better quality photos! With the 365, I was definitely forced to pick up my camera a lot more, but not all of the pictures were good. Some days the pictures were just snapped without thought, and so not having the pressure to complete another 365 gives me the freedom to post when I have good images.
- Film photos! I’m excited to learn about film and hopefully bring some new images to the blog.